3 teaspoons Ground cumin
2 teaspoons Ground coriander
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1 tablespoon Grated fresh ginger
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 medium Onion, chopped
750g Chicken thigh fillets
3 teaspoons Garam masala
1/2 cup Yoghurt
1 teaspoon Salt
1. Soak 12 skewers in the water.
2. Cut the chicken into cubes of about 3 cm.
3. Place the onion, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and spice in a food processor and process until they are chopped finely.
4. Add the yoghurt and salt and process briefly to combine.
5. Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers.
6. Place the skewers in a large baking dish; coat the chicken with the spice mixture, and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight, covered in the refrigerator.
7. Cook the chicken on a hot barbecue grill or in a large, well greased frying pan over high heat for about 5 minutes each side or until the color turned golden brown and cooked through.