½ cup (100 grams) fresh cream
1 cup grated dark chocolate
1 tablespoon cornflour
1/3 cup sugar
2½ cups (500 ml.) full fat milk
a few drops vanilla essence
1. Combine the chocolate and ½ cup of milk in a pan and melt it over a slow flame till it becomes a smooth sauce. Cool slightly.
2. In another pan, combine the remaining milk and sugar and bring it to a boil.
3. Dissolve the cornflour in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water, add to the boiling milk and sugar and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the chocolate sauce and mix well. Cool completely and add the vanilla essence and cream.
5. Mix well, pour into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till it is almost set.
6. Divide the mixture into 2 batches and churn each batch separately in a blender till it is smooth.
7. Transfer into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till it is firm. Scoop and serve.