Family Values - The Mother

• Work-from-home

Dark

Darknes will Fall
VIP
Jun 21, 2007
Family Values - The Mother

Al-Hamdulillah was-Salaatu was-Salaamu 'ala Rasoolillah wa Ba'd...
Upholding family ties is obligatory, as Allah says:

“… fear Allah through Whom you demand your
and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in
weakness and hardship upon weakness and
hardship, and his weaning is in two years – give
thanks to Me and to your parents, - unto Me is
the final destination. But if they (both) strive
with you to make you join in worship with Me
others that of which you have no knowledge,
then obey them not, but behave with them in
the world kindly, and follow the path of him
who turns to Me in repentance and in
obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I
shall tell you what you used to do.”
[Luqmaan 31:14-15]

Allah has obligated the good treatment of parents that are mushrikin. Giving them respect and kindness, in spite of the heinous sin which they are telling their child to commit, which is the crime of associating something in worship with Allah. What then do you think is the case with Muslim parents, especially if they are righteous?

By Allah, their rights are among the most important and most certain rights, and fulfilling these rights in a proper manner is one of the most difficult and most important duties. The one who is guided to do this is truly guided, and the one who is not helped to do this is truly deprived. Innumerable ahaadeeth also confirm this.

According to a hadeeth narrated by Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him): “A man came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said:

‘O Messenger of Allah, who among the people is most deserving of my good companionship?’ He said, ‘Your mother.’ He asked, ‘Then whom?’ He said, ‘Your mother.’ He asked, ‘Then whom?’ He said, ‘Your mother.’ He asked, ‘Then whom?’ He said, ‘Then your father.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 4/13, and Muslim, 2548).

Reactions: nrbhayo