Gandhi My father pic n some info

• Work-from-home

grul.bball

TM Star
Jun 3, 2007
Canada
Gandhi My Father

“One family’s tragedy was the price of a nation’s freedom,”
says the tagline of Feroz Abbas Khan’s movie 'Gandhi My Father'.
The family in question is that of Mahatma Gandhi.
The movie is based on Feroz Abbas Khan’s play ‘Mahatma Vs Gandhi’.
It tells the story of Gandhi’s eldest son Harilal Gandhi, who rebelled against his father.

Akshaye Khanna as Harilal Gandhi

The film has Akshaye playing Harilal Gandhi, who had a very troubled relationship with his father and carried the identity of his father like a curse around his neck.

Darshan Jariwala plays Mahatma Gandhi. Darshan is a versatile and veteran stage actor who has worked in about 50 plays and acted in films by noted directors like Ketan Mehta.

Shefali Shah as Kasturba Gandhi

Actress Shefali Shah plays the wife of Mohandas Gandhi. Kasturba raised her newborn son Harilal all by herself when Gandhi left to study in London in 1888. Later, she gave birth to three more sons.
Although Kasturba Gandhi stood by her husband, she did not always easily accept his ideas.

Bhumika Chawla

Bhumika Chawla plays Gulab Gandhi, the wife of Harilal

Father and Son

‘Gandhi My Father’ is the story of a principled father and an unfortunate son.
Somewhere in the shadows of Mahatma Gandhi lived his eldest son Harilal, who rebelled against his father’s idealistic principles and sought to live a life where he would not have to carry the burden of being the son of an exemplary figure like Mahatma Gandhi.

A Derelict

Even though Harilal later converted back to Hinduism, he lived the life of a derelict, roaming the streets of India like a beggar and finally drinking himself to death.
In Harilal’s words: “He (Mahatma Gandhi) is the greatest father you can have… But he is the one father I wish I did not have.”

Reactions: nrbhayo