How to Write a Column!

• Work-from-home

mohtarum

Mar 31, 2007
How to Write a Column

What do you thing about, writing, ideas and career. I had to confess that I followed none of the traditional patterns. I love writing, but I am not a journalist.
If I ask a question to you, ”How long does it take to write a column?” The philosophical answer is a lifetime and the actual answer is as long as it takes. Somewhere between those two is reality.
A journalist has rigid rules, but as a columnist I have lots of freedom to let my thoughts roam. I write what I am, what I think, what I remember, what I believe à”A column is a wild animal with which you wrestle every day. Sometimes, you eat the bear, sometimes he eats you.”.
The other question is, ”Where do you get your ideas?” Ideas are a little like butterflies, beautiful and very hard to catch.
Ideas come at odd times and in all sorts of places. You have to catch them when they flit by, or you may lose them. Some of my best ideas have come in the shower. Water must fertilize the brain. But until somebody invents a waterproof chalkboard, a lot of them get washed away.
Actually, of course, most ideas come from reading about and listening to and thinking about what is going on in the world aroud us.
Don’t hesitate, try to write a column now here on your favorite website tafreehmela.com which provides you a chance to prove yourself in this community.

mohtarum

Mar 31, 2007
about topic

Please choose your topics yourself. Then its become very easy to write.vae{()|

Don

Administrator
Mar 15, 2007
Toronto, Ca
cmon, ap log schol mein nahi jo ap ko topic diye gayingay .... jis ccheez mein ap ka interest hai us par likhiye ..

yeh mat souchein k topic interesting hai y a boor ... size bara hai ya chota ..

jo dimagh mein hai us ko type karein :)

processsyed

Nov 1, 2008
HI, can anyone tell me why we need 61 ministers to run this country while china need only 25 ministers and Germany need only 18.
Why Our Highness President Pays for 200 people from his own pocket, if he Got that much amount why not he gives a little support to Pakistan, rather then asking from IMF or other countries.
Why we invite investors from other countries to invest in Pakistan, when our own country man and Leaders (nawaz shareef) are not interested in investing here, our builders(Rufi) are now transferring there business to Dubai and U.A.E, then i don't think there is any reason for others to invest here.
Why are we wasting our time only on pointing each other past or on religion or even to Maslaks.
when we will work as joint nation..?
is this Ok for cloumns..

mahum

Jul 18, 2009
thanks for the suggestion

---------- Post added at 02:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

very good start!

Reactions: nrbhayo

dr_malik

Nov 17, 2008
china
column lekhan bohat muskil kam hey , ,,,,,,its an art her koi nahi likh sakta , khas ker mian , bohat bar lekhney ki kkoshis ki hey magar words hi meltey ,,,,,,, magar mian perh leyta hoon haha ,,, my favorite columnist are jawed chuhdri,,,,Haroon el rasheed,,

Reactions: nrbhayo

Hoorain

*In search of Oyster Pearls*
VIP
Dec 31, 2009
A n3st!
assalam o alaikum
i m a new user
and i want to write a column soon
but i dont know how to write it
plz someone help me
{(Hat man)}ALLAH hafiz