interview: Shilpa Shetty

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada

"I have a new respectability and international recognition"
Shilpa Shetty has turned bigger and more glamorous than ever after the adulation she garnered through big Brother in the UK. Today as host of Bigg Boss she's laughing all the way to the bank.
"I'd never become an inmate again", she says laughing. "This is a good thing, playing host. I want to make it very different from the usual TV hosts. I am an actress and I bring that to the show. I want the audience to be curious about everything, what I'll wear etc.
Did you have a hand in getting Jade into the house?
No I don't decide. But I could have said 'no' to the channel. They were apprehensive about telling me of her inclusion but I had no hassles. I believe in forgiving and moving on… Actually I owe her. She made me what I became in the UK.

Have you really forgiven her?
Yes of course. I was very shocked to hear of her illness and pray for her wellbeing.
So has Shilpa changed?
Yes. Perceptions towards me have changed. People expect more of me and I know that I'm being watched not only here but abroad too. Hence the glamour. I want people to wonder what I will wear next. It all adds to the TV ratings.
Your yoga DVD is doing the rounds?
Yes I learnt Ashtanga yoga especially for this DVD and it has become away of life. I learnt so much that I wanted to share. I think everyone should practice it.
My yoga came into focus when I was in the big brother house. I used to do yoga and meditate there because there was nothing else to do-stuck there. No exercise material or equipment so this helped keep me fit.
We heard you were in line for some Hollywood assignments.
I can't say just now. But I am doing some films here and am to start my own production in early 2009.
So life is as the doctor ordered?

[Laughs] Absolutely. I have a new respectability and international recognition. What more can I ask for?

Reactions: nrbhayo