- Mar 19, 2008
* 1 tbsp Oil
* Salt to taste
* Oil for frying
* Ghee to smear
* 1 tsp Garam Masala
* ½ tsp Ajwain seeds
* ¼ tsp Chilli powder
* 1 small Green Chilli
* 250 gm Wheat flour
* Green Coriander leaves
* 2 tbsp Fenugreek leaves
1. Place all the ingredients except, for a handful of flour and knead into smooth dough. Cover and leave for 10-15 minutes.
2. Now make even sized bal, flatten it and roll them into a round shape.
3. Smear one half with half tsp ghee and fold over the other half. Again smear half with ghee and fold to form a triangle or square.
4. Heat a flat frying pan over a medium heat.
5. Place the paratha on a heated pan and cook for a minute on one side. Now, turn over to the other side.
6. Apply oil on the cooked surface. Also spoon oil all around and shallow fry both sides over low heat until golden brown.
7. Serve with side dishes, raitas, chutneys.
Tip: At the time of kneading add a little rice flour to the wheat flour for crisp pooris.