Pakistani Famous Fashion Photographers

• Work-from-home

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Tapu Javeri

Tapu Javeri started photography at a young age first working for Dawn, then for magazines like Teenager, Libas, Fashion Collection and Herald. One of the pioneers of fashion photography in Pakistan, he is probably the best known name in fashion photography. He later became a photo-editor for Xtra, a magazine which in its short life span became popular because of its controversial content, creating waves in Pakistani fashion and beyond. He has also published a book of portraits called ‘I, Voyeur’. It is a collection of black & white portraits of Pakistani notables and newsmakers. Since the last few years he has ventured into the field of mixed media photo paintings. By fusing his two favourite passions—- art and photography— he has created a new form of photographic expression. His works have been auctioned by Christie’s of London and are also in demand by art collectors all over the world.

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Amean J

Amean J. [b. Karachi 1974] first made a name for himself in fashion and advertising circles. Heralded for his seamless blending of art and craft, he quickly became the photographer of choice for fashionistas, discerning corporate clients and independent multimedia projects. But it was the striking imagery of his personal work that made him popular with critics and art lovers.

Exhibitions like Zoo Blue, Karachi Cityscapes, Moharram, Sand & Water & 15 x 4 showcased the ease with which he dissects life, defines clarity and finds beauty in the mundane.

Uniquely placed to service the subcontinent and the Middle East, Amean J. and 18% grey have become the studio of choice for clients seeking international standards of competence, creativity and professionalism.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 976x504.

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Kohi Marri

An Architecture graduate, Kohi enjoys being versatile, flexible and values the mechanics behind things as well as the processes that they encompass.
Since graduating, he has undertaken courses in filmmaking and animation to expand the scope of his work. He is well versed in most major design programmes and capable of working in various media, ranging from hand drawing, CAD, 3D to photography, film and animation.
For the past eight years Kohi has been heavily involved in design, photography, film and music. He set up his freelance design company whilst a student and has since then collaborated with musicians, dancers, filmmakers and artists on various projects, gaining insight and developing different skills. This learning contributes to the unique perspective that permeates his projects.

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
*Deevees*

We became a part of this art form during our education in NCA (National College of Arts) in 1998, when we took photography as our minor subject.

Although we graduated as graphic designers in 1999 but we opted for photography as a profession in 2000.

Since then we have worked with all leading magazines and newspapers. We are still exploring the possibilities and techniques and we hope to achieve even better results in future.

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
More of Tapu Javeri:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 667x1003.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 667x1003.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 715x667.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x790.

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Sohail Anjum

Born and bred in London, Sohail Anjum has quickly risen to become one of the leading photographers in the UK. Having taken photographs of all the major South Asian celebrities his highly creative work oozes style and lots of class. Currently working as freelance photographer for Asiana Magazine and various picture agencies after a five year stint as the Picture Editor of UK's leading South Asian newspaper, Eastern Eye. It is astonishing to realise that he in fact taught the technically complex craft to himself over a glittering fourteen year period.
The list of superstars and cutting edge newcomers that he has captured with his camera include Shah Rukh Khan, Asha Bhsole, Christopher Lee, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai. In short if they are famous then they have crossed his path. Perhaps the biggest talent that he has is the ease with which he is able to make the transition from various areas that include news features, fashion, portfolios, celebrity photo shoots and live events. Sohail prefers to shoot on location and in black & white.
Not afraid to experiment he is constantly pushing creative barriers with some of the most glorious triumphs coming from following his instincts and venturing into the unknown. Always learning he greatly admires the works of others. Some of the eclectic publications his works have appeared in includes, Asiana & Asiana Wedding, Eastern Eye, India Today, Verve Magazine (India), Libas International, The Evening Standard, Mail on Sunday, News of the World, Ahlan Masala (Dubai), Marwar (India). His clients have included, Yash Raj Films, Western Union, Star TV.

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Ather Shahzad

Ather & Shahzad's reputation as two of the trendiest lensmen in the fashion industry today is due to the fact that they are churning out a sizeable chunk of fashion images today.

From the lush rain sodden lane's of Lahore, this what Ather Shehzad have to say: "The past five years in particular have seen great changes in the fashion industry in Pakistan, it's been growing by leaps and bounds. On the positive front, there has been a rise in professionalism along the way in terms of more photographers arriving on the scene and new models entering the arena.

As far as designs are concerned however there was better quality stuff available three years ago. Alot of the new designers today are simply copying the older more established ones. There have been no great changes or innovations. If the social climate remains liberal then there is hope of more progress. When we first started out there were no proper make-up artists in town and now look at the scene today, we really have come a long way."

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Shamyl Khuhro

A photographer rather than a fashion photographer, his work with designers is recognised for its quality and Mr Khuhro is known for his eagerness to work. He has worked with Dawn, Jang, Daily Times, the Discovery Channel and the New York Times, etc. “I don’t think I’ve turned down any shoot in my life. Usually, I do whatever comes my way.” Mr Khuhro’s career began shortly after he attended a two-month photography workshop at the Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture in Karachi. “I was always interested in photography, but it wasn’t my ambition to be a photographer when I was five years old,” he said. As soon as the workshop finished, he shot his first and last fashion show for several years. He started as a photographer for the magazine Newsline and was usually assigned to get photos to accompany features. Then he began working for Dawn’s Review magazine and began freelancing. “It wasn’t overnight,” he said, discussing his professional progress. “It just basically turned out that I started working for more and more people.” He remains baffled by what makes his work so attractive. “There’s no trick as such. You look through the viewfinder...Usually it works out well and sometimes it doesn’t,” he said.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 956x371.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 704x367.

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Maram & Aabroo

Maram And Aabroo started as the only female-duo working as stylist and photographer in 1996 at Kinnaird College and then professionally in 2000.
In 2005 they brought back to Pakistan ,from UAE, their own very distinct signature style of work. They are known for their regal and stately concepts which they beautifully incorporate in their fashion makeup and photography, bridal makeup and photography and interior decorating.

Within a short span of time they were recognized at par with the most sought after names of the industry.

They have set an example with their outstanding work that it is not quantity but quality that sets one apart.

The Style Awards of LUX, Sunday(Daily Times) and MTV have been recognizing their talent since 2007.

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Fayyaz Ahmed

Fayyaz Ahmed is a self-taught photographer, making waves with his creativity in the media circles of Pakistan. He has photographed numerous celebrities as well as some very interesting personalities that are a part of the social mosaic in Pakistan, for example Heejras.
Fayyaz considers himself, very aptly, an artist more than an artisan and we agree. Fayyaz is not just good with his camera, he's got a really good eye for creating pictures that aren't just glamorous, but also unique and aesthetic in a very painter-like way. His information technology background gives him a further edge to experiment with digital effects.
All in all, this is one guy who has taken portrait and scenic photography to a new level and will definitely outshine many of his peers in the coming years. We look forward to seeing Fayyaz's work in the future and hope that in him, we can find a Pakistani Ansel Adams!

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Khawar Riaz

Khawar Riaz, having secured many national and international awards as a photographer and a hair & makeup artist, is not unknown to the industry. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From discovering new faces for fashion to giving filmi heroines a much needed makeover, Khawar Riaz has done it all. And he has done it while expanding his business via his agency, Ocular and the styling unit better known as KR Crew.

He is one of those stylists who really enhance the fashion industry in Pakistan; by boosting their shining concepts and hard work. Khawar Riaz has also introduced many top models such as Amina Shifaat, Ameer Zeb Khan, Abdullah Ejaz, Imran Abbas, Iman Ali and Vaneeza.

[/FONT]"My models to me are my creations -- my children, an extension of myself; expressions of the myriad persons who reside inside me. With each new model I tread foot on yet another realm of me; discovering, realizing, finding yet another stratum of myself." - Khawar Riaz
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 798x504.

[/FONT]