The Holy Prophet (Salallaho Alaihi Wasallam) is Hazir-o-Nazir

• Work-from-home

The_Dark_Knight

V.I.P Member
Apr 22, 2008
TM
Alhamdulillahi Rabbi l Alameen wa Assalatu Wa Assalamu ala Sayydi ul Anbiya Wa’l Mursaleen. All Praise be to Allah and Peace and Blessings upon His Beloved Messenger, the Mercy of the Worlds, Chief of This World and The Next World, Best of Creation, Present and Witnessing One, His Blessed Companions, His Family and His Pure Wives, and all His Followers till Judgement Day.

In this post I shall endeavour to give a few proofs from THE QUR’AN, HADITH, AND WORKS OF THE CLASSICAL AHLE SUNNAH SCHOLARS, that Our Beloved Master (alayhi salato salaam) IS both Hazir and Nazir and define what we actually mean when we say Huzoor sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam are Hazir wa Nazir.

All the following proofs are taken from the great book Jaa al Haq wa Zaahiqal Baatil by Hazrat Mufti Ahmad Yaar Khan Naeemi (alayhi rahmat), from the chapter entitled “Hazir aur Nazir ki Behas” pp. 138-171 inclusive. As only a few proofs will be given in this post (but insha Allah these will be sufficient for the honest readers), the interested brothers are urged (if they can read Urdu) to get this book. My own comments are in square brackets [ ] .

[WHAT AHL as-SUNNAH wal-JAMAAH--MEAN BY HAAZIR AND NAAZIR ]
From page 138:
The Shariah meaning of Hazir wa Nazir:
“ In the world, the Shariah meaning of Hazir and Nazir is this that The Holy Prophet whilst being present in one single place sees all the worlds [aalam] as if he was looking at them in the palm of his hand and hears all voices from near and afar, or that in one moment he can travel the whole universe and help those in need of help even if they be hundreds of kos away. (A ‘kos’ is a measure of distance)..”
[NOTE: THIS IS NOT HE SAME AS THE BELIEF FALSELY ATTRIBUTED TO US BY THE DEOBANDIS THAT WE BELEIVE THE BELOVED MESSENGER IS EVERYWHERE (SAL ALLAHU ALAYHI WA SALLAM] AS THE READER WILL NO DOUBT SEE FROM THE ABOVE DEFINITION OF OUR TRUE BELIEF.--Asif] THE ABOVE REAL DEFINITION OF ‘BARELVI’ BELIEF OF HAAZIR WA NAAZIR SHOULD BE KEPT IN MIND ALWAYS WHEN READING THE FOLLOWING PROOFS. --Asif . This is what is meant by ‘Omnipresent’ and NOT what the Deobandis and Wahhabis claim we believe. ]

.Proof from the QURAN

(I will only quote one example of this-the book gives 12 verses)
1.“.. (1) Ya Ayyu Hannabiyyu Inna Arsalnaaka Shahidan wa Mubbasharan wa Nazeeranwa daa’iyan ilallahi b I idhnihi wa siraajan muneera..”
(Surah 33.45-46)
? ..O Prophet! surely We have sent you as a witness, and as a bearer of good news and as a warner. A.nd as one inviting to Allah by His permission, and as a light-giving torch. (Shakir’s translation)
The m.eaning of ‘Shahid’ can be both a witness and also ‘Hazir wa Nazir’; a witness is called ‘shahid’ because he was present at the event (an eye-witness). His Excellency alayhi salatosalam is called ‘shahid’ because he in this world is seeing events in the Unseen Realm [aalam-ul-ghayb] and giving evidence, otherwise all the Prophets were witnesses. Or [he is called it] because on Judgement Day he will give primary evidence for all the Prophets. This type of evidence is not possible without seeing the events. Likewise is his being mubasshir [bearer of good news] and nazeer [warner] and daa’iy il allah [one inviting to Allah] as all the other Prophets also did these things BUT from hearing about them, (whereas) Our Prophet by actually SEEING them. That is why only the Holy Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) experienced the Mir’aj. Siraj Munir (a light giving torch) is another name for the Sun. It is everywhere in the world, present in every home, and so is Our Beloved Prophet. The Holy Prophet’s being Hazir and Nazir is thus evident from every phrase of this verse..” (p. 139)…
“ Note: At this point some people say that ‘you are a muqallid and it is not permissible for a muqallid to take evidence from Ayats and Hadith, the Imam should bring these evidences. Thus only Imam Abu Hanifa Radhi Allah anhu’s words can be presented by you’. There are a number of answers to this: ..in the debate on Taqleed it was said that taqleed is NOT done in matters of doctrine (aqeedah), only in matters of fiqh-ijtihaadia ( ijtihaadia jurisprudence). This is a question of Aqeedah…” (p. 143)

From the HADITH Shareef

(Many hadith are presented by Hazrat Ahmad Yar Khan-I only give you 4 here)
2.“..In SHARH of MUWAAHIB AL-LADUNIYYA by AL ZARQAANI, there is this narration of HAZRAT ABDULlAH IBN UMAR (radhi Allah anhu)
‘ Allah Taala presented the whole world before me. Thus, I AM SEEING THIS WORLD AND EVERYTHING WHICH IS TO HAPPEN IN IT TILL JUDGEMENT DAY, AS IF I AM LOOKING AT THIS HAND OF MINE.’
3. In the MUSNAD OF IMAM AHMAD IBN HANBAL by the narration of ABU DHARR GHIFAARI (radhi Allah anhu),
‘ The Holy Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) has left us in this state: that NOT EVEN A BIRD FLAPS ITS WING, BUT HE HAS ALREADY TOLD US ABOUT IT’
[Subhan Allah! And yet these wretched Deobandis and their masters the Wahabbis claim Our Beloved Master (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) did not have any such knowledge or power! Astaghfirullah!]

4. In MISHKAH UL MASABIH, VOLUME TWO, BAB AL KARAMAAT, FOLLOWED BY BAAB WAFAAT AL NABI alaihisalaam, it is written:
‘Your meeting place is the Hawd-e-Kauthar (Fount of Kauthar). I am SEEING IT FROM THIS VERY PLACE.’
[Now, dear reader, tell me in all honesty, if this isn’t Haazir and Naazir -according to our Sunni beliefs stated above, then what is it? But yet the ‘Wahabbis in Sunni disguise’ (ie Deobandis = Gulaabi Wahabbi in Urdu) continue to rave and rant, ‘shirk! bida’t!’ And they have the audacity and the shamelessness to still claim to be Sunnis!! No doubt they will find a way of dismissing these hadiths too or ignoring them. They have selective memory it seems.]
5/6. IMAM ABU HANIFA radi Allah anhu in FIQH AL AKBAR and ALLAMA JALAL UD DIN SUYUTI in JAMA’ AL-KABEER report from HARITH IBN NU’MAAN that,
‘Once I (Harith ibn Nu’maan radhi Allah anhu) went to visit the Holy Prophet alayhi salato salaam and the Holy Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, asked me, ‘O Harith, how did you find the day?’ I replied ‘By being a true momin (believer).’ The Messenger alaihi salaam said, ‘What is the reality of your Iman (faith)?’ I replied, ‘ As if I AM SEEING THE DIVINE THRONE MANIFESTLY. AND AS IF I AM SEEING THE DWELLERS OF PARADISE GREETING EACH OTHER AND THE DWELLERS OF HELL MAKING NOISE.’

Reactions: nrbhayo and Don