Idea Excessive Restrictions

• Work-from-home

hamdusa

Nov 14, 2008
Is it a community? Community may new anay walo ko aisay treat kiya jata hay jesay tafreehmela per kiya ja raha hay?

Let me explain. Ap ki 3-4 restrictions to bilkul valid hain like URL post nahi kernay di jati, image post nahi kernay diya jata etc, but yah kiya hay k PM bhi nahi ker sakta jab tak 15 posts na ho jaeny? Mujhay aik moderator say aik issue resolve kernay k leay PM kerna tha, lekin mujhay allowed nahi tha q k post count 15 say kam tha. SO mujhay 2 spam posts kerna pri. Is k ilava her 2 pm k drmyan 120 seconds ka gap, this is too much.

Agar aap nay spamming ya excessive use of resources ko bachana hay to oor bhi bohat say treekay hain, lekin innocent user (jo k span posts ya pms nahi ker raha) ko is tarha say baar baar rokna galt hay.

Anyways, these are just my suggestions. This is your forum and you can define rules, but I suggest rules must be natural. Pahlay spammers or normal users ko differentiate kerain baad main restrictions lagaen. Agar aap ka masla spamming nahi hay resources ko save kerna hay ko phir aap apnay forums ko light weight ker k resources save ker saktay hain ya oor bhi treeko say kam chala saktay hain.

Oor mai aap ko yah bta don k bar bar restrictions ki calculation bhi aap k servers per bohat bra bojh hay oor koi banda in ki madad say hi aap k forum ko ghanto tak down ker sakta hay. Believe me it is possible.

Waiting for someone's response.

Bint-e-Aisha

Maria ki Mama
VIP
Jun 16, 2009
chaand pe
well first of all really very sorry for inconvinience

but there are many reasons behind this so called restriction.

first of all 15 posts are not bad eligibility criteria for doing pms
as we want know the user is human not a robot or any other application getting registered for the advertisment, so when any user get struck here will start doing posting but an application wont.
and for the 120 seconds i would like to say that only advertisment aimed users get problem here, a normal user usually donot.

the main thing for u to understand is that we dont want forcibly posting from users,its just formalities.

secondly to stop spamming we have other routes too but there u users will suffer more problems.

we are not watching through our screens to differentiate spamming aimed users and normal users,these things tell us about aim of user.

these restictions have made us more powerful in stopping the spams,rather creating any problem for us.

thanx for ur suggestions.

hamdusa

Nov 14, 2008
these restictions have made us more powerful in stopping the spams,rather creating any problem for us.
Totally Inward looking. No user facilitation.

Its now ok with me because my RESTRICTIONS period is over, but tell me one thing. What if some day someone writes a bot to post msgs and pms after the interval you set (in your case 120 days). bots always have palenty of time, and if the attack is from multiple accounts using multiple IPs, it would get worse and your such spam prevention barriers would not work at all.

Actually i am giving you suggestions (in fact im convincing you) because TM is a good community, and after all its my people's place.

Anyways, thanks for your time.

Rakim

May 9, 2010
Guantanamo
hey some give ma bro some kalm pills :p hehe
aay man restrictions are if ppl come for spam they dont take advatage of that :d

Don

Administrator
Mar 15, 2007
Toronto, Ca
Totally Inward looking. No user facilitation.

Its now ok with me because my RESTRICTIONS period is over, but tell me one thing. What if some day someone writes a bot to post msgs and pms after the interval you set (in your case 120 days). bots always have palenty of time, and if the attack is from multiple accounts using multiple IPs, it would get worse and your such spam prevention barriers would not work at all.

Actually i am giving you suggestions (in fact im convincing you) because TM is a good community, and after all its my people's place.

Anyways, thanks for your time.
Well, these restrictions are just to discourage any spammer or advertiser.. However if someone being strong to spam or advertise here, we deal with them manually (after they bypass our auto restrictions ) ... And I do not think 15 post is a big deal, again its main purpose is to most likely discourage not prevent . [HL="yellow"]FYI: you should be able to send pm to admin and mods, even with zero post.[/HL] I will double check this again. and i guess Bint-e-Aisha has explained everything else to you. Do shout back if you have more questions.

Reactions: Atif-adi

Don

Administrator
Mar 15, 2007
Toronto, Ca
okay i just double checked, and it was setup for admin and co admin only... It has now being fixed for all staff members(you can now send pm to all staff member even with zero post)... Sorry for the trouble..