• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada

Manufacturing of JF-17 Thunder Sub-Assemblies Commence at PAC, Kamra
22 January, 2008

InauguralCeremony to launch the manufacturing of JF-17 Thunder sub-Assemblies was held today at PAC Kamra. Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force was the chief guest on this historical occasion. The ceremony commemorates yet another milestone in the Pakistan China Military Cooperation.

Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed, Chief of the Air Staff, speaking on the occasion said “I am committed to ensuring that PAC quickly gears up its resources to take up its share of co-production. I am looking forward to achieving, within one year, a capability of producing 15 JF-17 aircraft annually. This would then have to be enhanced to 20-25 aircraft in 2-3 years’ time. I am also looking forward to the establishment of the first JF-17 Operational Conversion Unit in PAF by the end of this year.” He also said, “I would like to remind every one _ especially, the personnel of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex_of the challenge and promise of success that lie ahead, as you embark upon the coveted goal of manufacturing. Not many people are afforded an opportunity to be part of the major and prestigious national programme such as the JF-17 Thunder aircraft. It is for you to seize the opportunity and make your nation proud. He further said, “I take pride in this joint venture between the People’s Republic of China and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.”

The JF-17 Thunder project clearly envisages co-production of the aircraft both in China and Pakistan. The objective of setting up of JF-17 production facilities at PAC Kamra is not only to enhance the PAF’s operational capability at affordable price but also create employment opportunities for about 5000 people. In line with the original plan, the manufacturing of sub-assemblies for the JF-17 Thunder is being launched at PAC Kamra on 22 January, 2008. This would, indeed, be a red letter day in the history of PAC. The production of sub-assemblies would be, subsequently, expanded to encompass the parts manufacturing, final assembly and flight testing. Fighter aircraft manufacturing, which was once a closely guarded realm of developed countries only, is now well within our reach. The success, today, stands on the foundations of the perseverance of our pilots, engineers and technicians and their Chinese counterparts. The landmark achievement is not only a source of pride for the Pakistani nation but also a measure of rare distinction for the country to have joined a select group of nations having indigenous fighter aircraft production capability